Procter & Gamble is a force for good and a force for growth
Damon Jones / P&G
Share your take on this episode using the hashtag #Purpose360 and tagging us at @purpose360pod on Twitter.
P&G has the distinct honor of being one of the oldest companies on our show, and one with a purpose that honors the organization’s legacy as much as it guides the multi-national CPG company into the future.
Damon Jones, P&G’s Chief Communications Officer, joined Purpose 360 to talk about the company’s efforts to be “a force for good and a force for growth” across a portfolio of dozens of brands, with nearly 100,000 employees around the world.
Listen for Damon’s insights on:
- How P&G crafted a purpose that is “built in, not bolted on” to be truly integrated in the company’s DNA and that of its brands
- How purpose guides innovation across the organization, from global operations to brand-level improvements
- Why P&G pursues advocacy efforts around issues including gender and race equality, among others, and what the company has learned about embracing issues important to citizens
- The importance of authenticity and “walking the walk” of corporate purpose, and how P&G lives its purpose through commitments to fair and equal advertising, responsible supply chain, sustainability, and community engagement
- How the CPG company has responded to COVID-19 to protect employees in markets around the world, as well as consumers and communities